Peruse away and learn all there is to learn about Leila the AshtangI, the practice of AshtangA, and the services offered, all right here, on this one page. All you have to do is scroll down and read.
Leila Radan is a San Francisco certified, yet international, Ashtanga Yoga Instructor. She has taught extensively at yoga studios, gyms, spas, corporations, physical fitness & rehab facilities, colleges, martial arts studios, and ran her own Holistic Center in Spain for 3 ½ years. Her multicultural background allows her to both connect with and successfully guide students of varied cultures and walks of life through the vigorous practice of Ashtanga Yoga.
She has studied with San Francisco teachers Larry Schultz, Jim Passard and Mark Statsny as well as a variety of Ashtanga masters such as Tim Miller, Maty Ezraty, Chuck Miller, David Swenson, Doug Swenson and Guruji himself, Pattabhi Jois.
Her emphasis is first and foremost on the breath, the very core of Ashtanga Yoga, and in the safe alignment and seamless flow of her students’ practice.
“Ashtanga is the very base of whatever sense of sanity I possess in today’s chaotic world. I have maintained my practice through both of my pregnancies as well as through life’s ups and downs and I am truly the stronger for it and hope to be able to impart the same sense of well-being to my students.”
Ashtanga yoga is a 5,000 year-old, strong, flowing practice that emphasizes the movement of the body with the breath.
Ashtanga is a dynamic and aerobic, moving meditation. The postures, combined with the breath, cleanse and strengthen the body. The breath oxygenates the blood, helps circulation and brings more blood to the brain, maximizing clear thinking and full creativity while calming and centering the mind.
Ashtanga de-stresses and reshapes the body by correctly aligning the spine, therefore counteracting the aging process. The practice induces the elimination of toxins and purifies the body. It serves as a path to health, flexibility, strength, and balance through concentration.
Ashtanga Yoga is a discipline that is easily accessible to all ages and all levels. Leila’s classes are private classes but, as you will see, private is quite the malleable and, well, flexible (no pun intended) word in the world of ashtanga. As the prospective client/student all Leila requests of you is that you tell her what you need and she will tailor-make a class package just for you. In general, the classes offered and requested are:
- Kids: (Ages 7+) Yoga calms, nurtures and strengthens children’s bodies. It centers their minds by developing focus which allows for improved school performance as well as regulated behavior in general.
- Adults: All ages and all levels are welcome.
- Prenatal: (1st, 2nd & 3rd trimesters) Yoga maintains and increases the body’s elasticity and tones the muscles and joints as it prepares the body for the miracle of birth. It is always recommended that, during pregnancy, you maintain the level of exercise that your body is accustomed to. However, pregnancy is not the time to push yourself beyond your accustomed limits. Having practiced through both of her pregnancies, Leila is well aware of these physical limitations and will adjust the intensity of the practice accordingly and per the student’s needs.
- Postpartum: (Min. 6 wks postpartum) Yoga allows women to stay calm and centered after the life altering event of birth as well as through the hormonal fluctuations that follow. Stay centered as you work to strengthen your body whilst recovering your pre-baby figure in the process!
- Corporate: A growing trend abroad, businesses strategically supply their employees with yoga sessions as it improves employee work performance, relieves stress and adds to the productivity and reliability of the workers in general. A happy employee makes for a hard worker!
- Private Classes: All classes are private classes. Leila comes to you. Classes can be one on one or may involve more individuals. The details are up to you. All that is required of you is a comfortably heated space to accommodate the class. The price for individual and group classes is the same.
- Group Classes: Whether a group of kids, mothers-to-be, new mothers, adults, (fill in the blank and add any other noun right here), you want a class, Leila will teach you! The main pre-requisite is the same as stated under the requirements up above. All you need is a comfortably heated space that will accommodate the group.
Classes are $100/class.
Privates for adults can be offered at a prepaid package deal of $850/10 classes for groups of 5 or less. Anything above 5 people will remain at a fixed rate of $100/class.
Classes for children aged 7-13 will remain at a fixed price of $100/class. Children aged 14 and above fall under the “Adults” category and are eligible for the prepaid package deal.
Prenatal, Postpartum and Corporate classes are held at a fixed rate of $100/class.
Rates vary depending on the city of residence whereby a travel fee will be charged. Student(s) must commit to a minimum of one class a week though two classes per week are highly recommended and preferred.
It is best to refrain from eating 2-3 hours prior to the start of class. Juice and fruit are OK, if consumed moderately, for an energy boost if needed. Please wear comfortable clothing, refrain from wearing any perfume, cologne or fragrance of any kind. You will need a yoga mat and a towel.